Restore. Renew. Revive
Frequently Asked Questions
Details you might like to know
How can I tell if you are the right person for me?
Est-ce que vos services sont disponibles dans une autre langue?
What can I expect from a counselling session?
How many sessions will I need?
How long is a counselling session?
How much does each session cost? Do you offer a sliding fee scale?
Initial sessions are $180 for a 90 minute session marriage & couples counselling session (75-80 minutes + 10 minutes of documentation). Initial individual sessions are $150 (60-65 minutes + 10 minutes documentation). Subsequent individual sessions are $130 and couples sessions are $160. I have a very limited number of reduced fee spots for clients who are committed to getting help, but are unable to do so because of financial reasons. Please contact me for further information or read about it here.
Does my insurance cover the costs?
I am a Registered Social Worker (RSW) with the province of Nova Scotia License #2276 and I have a Master of Social Work (MSW) degree. Most insurance providers and employee assistance plan (EAP) cover my services.
However, because every insurance plan is different I strongly suggest that you reach out to your insurance company before our first meeting to make sure our work together is covered.
For certain Blue Cross plans, I am able to do direct billing. Please verify with the insurance company if this is an option for you.
Regardless of which insurance company you are with or if you have coverage, I will give you a receipt at the end of each session. You can submit this to your insurance company for reimbursement. You should also keep for your income tax submission as counselling services with a Registered Social Worker is considered to be an eligible health care expense.
Here are some questions you should ask your insurance company;
– Are services by a Registered Social Worker with a Master of Social Work degree covered under my plan?
– Is there a deductible I need to pay before I am able to get reimbursed?
– Is there a limit per session that is covered?
– What is the yearly limit on my plan?
How can I pay?
I accept debit cards and all major credit cards (Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discovery Card). You may also pay with cash or by E transfer for your session fees.
What if I miss an appointment?
If you are ill on the day of your appointment, or some other life event prevents you from making to the office, I offer online sessions so that we are still able to keep on track with our work together.
Do you offer online counselling?
Is my information kept confidential?
All information that you share with me will be kept confidential with the exception of the following circumstances;
– If you pose an immediate and serious threat to your own life and safety or to someone else, confidentiality may be broken in order to prevent harm.
– If you go to court, my files may be subpoenaed for information pertaining to your treatment.
– If I have reason to believe that children or dependent adults are being abused or neglected, I am required by law to report these things.