Restore. Renew. Revive
Online Video Sessions
The Benefits of Video Counselling
Studies of video and online therapy show that people can benefit from this form of counselling in a similar way to in person counselling. Life can be unpredictable and time can be hard to come by. Babysitters can be costly. It often feels like there are so many barriers making it hard for you to come to counselling.
To make counselling more accessible, I offer secure online video therapy sessions to individuals across the province of Nova Scotia.
You will benefit from online video counselling if:
- You live outside of Halifax Regional Municipality and would like to work with me
- The additional time to drive required to a therapy appointment would make it difficult for you to attend
- You are at home with kids and the additional expense of a babysitter would be a barrier to attend therapy
- You need a PJ day and don’t want to get out of bed
- You are travelling within Nova Scotia with work, but outside of Halifax Region and still want to keep your therapy appointment.
There are times when anxiety therapy with me might not be the best fit:
- You have been given a diagnosis of PTSD, Bipolar Disorder a personality disorder or severe depression or anxiety
- You have been given the diagnosis of an eating disorder and have not received treatment for this
- You are actively suicidal or using self harming behaviours as a way of coping
- You will not be in the province of Nova Scotia at the time of the therapy session
- You are seeking couples therapy with your partner
If any of these apply to you, I can provide you with the appropriate referrals.
What Does Anxiety Therapy Cost?
My initial session fee is $140 and each session after is $125.
My services are covered by most insurance plans, employee assistance programs.
I also offer a limited number of reduced fee spots through Open Path Collective.
I am only able to directly bill certain insurance plans on Blue Cross. I will provide you with a detailed receipt for you to submit to your insurance company or to keep for income tax purposes.
I recommend you check your plan specifics before scheduling a session.
What are your office hours?
I am available for online therapy sessions Tuesday – Friday 1 PM – 9 PM and Saturday 9-5.
I serve women in person throughout the Halifax Region and throughout the rest of Nova Scotia via a secure online telehealth platform
Your Next Steps: For online therapy sessions you must schedule a phone consultation with me first so that we can make sure you are a good fit for online counselling and test your internet speed to make sure that we will have a solid connection for our therapy session.